- Feeling The Pain
- Goofing With Cervantes
- Beyond Gildas & Pintxos En Donostia-San Sebastián
- LOURDES for the 6th Time
- Murallas de Pamplona
- Valcarlos to Roncesvalles
- The Little French Basque Village At The Foot of the Pass (Saint Jean Pied de Port)
- Sheep Bells Through The Mist (SJPP to Valcarlos)
- The Sun Also Rises in Pamplona
- Saddleback Haven
Blogs I Follow
One of many, I’m sure. But Peterhof Palace is truly more than just a royal summer residence. Just 22 miles from St. Petersburg but it took us over an hour to get here. Russian traffic, you may say.
If you’re serious about walking the 300-acre Palace grounds with its many flower gardens and spectacular fountains (all of 173!) cascading throughout the park, be sure to wear comfortable shoes. Very impressive!
But be sure not to miss the guided Palace Museum and have a listen to the retelling of the colorful lives of Peter The Great, his daughter Joyful Elizabeth, and of course the legendary Catherine The Great. Hermitage Museum houses many of the latter’s art collections, and I must say this monarch had such extravagant taste