When you get to my age, you pile up many life lessons that may be worth sharing. I’m doing that now.
1. Treasure your family & friends NOW, while they’re still around. Make time. Once they’re gone, how else can you connect with them?
2. Children do grow up & gain independence. When they wean away from you, it doesn’t mean they love you less. So, hug and kiss them while you still can! Then let go. (I know. It pains us all)
3. Don’t say things you don’t mean. You’re too old to pretend being nice and trying to be popular. One can be nice without being pretentious and patronizing.
4. When being truthful can hurt, choose to walk away. No need to lie. Just walk away and shut up! Or….. play the drums!
5. Be good to yourselves. You didn’t slave away for many years and then refuse to indulge yourselves.